- Responsible for preparing and reporting the country’s monthly management account to senior management timely
- Responsible for reporting to the owners on their weekly P&L, bonds report and GIPs report timely
- Proper finance process flow and documentation in place to improve finance operation efficiency and ensure compliance to the accounting standard and respective countries’ regulatory bodies requirement
- Lead, support & provide training to the executive to ensure the team understand the task allocated, priorities, accurate data entry, importance of proper record keeping and meeting the given timeline.
- Complete the submission of annual audit and company tax returns before the statutory deadline
- Complete safekeeping of documents and records
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
A) Day-to-day operation and Reporting:
- Understand the business model, processes and be able to identify process gap to improve the efficiency.
- Handle full set of account and ensure monthly closing are performed in accordance to the monthly closing checklist and accounting standards.
- Proper review and understanding of each transaction recorded- make sure transactions are supported with proper documentation.
- Deliver accurate and reliable monthly management account to the senior management on timely basis- by 15th of the month.
- Deliver weekly owner reports, bonds report, GIPs report timely.
- Performing variance analysis to identify and outline fluctuations.
- Performing gross profit analysis to report back to senior management.
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecast for senior management.
- Calculate contractor bonus’ based on sales performance timely and accurately.
- Submission of monthly tax returns according to the country’s tax legislation- reconcile tax codes, perform tax lodgements on timely basis.
- Complete the submission of annual audit and company tax returns before the statutory deadline.
B) Team Management
- Ensure completion daily & weekly tasks by Accounts Assistants/Executives.
- Providing support, training & management for cost allocations & data entry for the Accounts Assistants/Executives.
- Supporting the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions to ensure completion & closure of each month to pre-determined timelines.
- Escalation point for specific clients to help resolve issues and close of ad-hoc requests.
C) Special Projects / Ad Hoc:
- To work closely with the direct report on understanding the current business model, processes, identify control/process gap and resolve by setting up and implement policies for process improvement.
- Assist on special project together with the local country team, Operation and IT team to streamline the finance process (improve effectiveness and efficiency)
- Assist other colleagues within the department during their absent or as when required / requested by superior.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidate must possess Degree/Professional Qualification in Accounting or equivalent.
- Candidate must possess Degree/Professional Qualification in accounting or equivalent.
- Candidate pursuing a professional qualification/certification in Accountancy/Finance will be considered as well.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in finance with exposure to all areas.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Computer Literate.
- Have basic knowledge in Accounting and Taxation.
- Dedicated, spreadsheet savvy, excellent reconciliation skills.
- Good written and spoken proficiency in English, while additional language proficiency is an added advantage.
ANY OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Meticulous and committed to meeting tight deadlines and objectives.
- Have high attention to detail
- Possess positive working attitude and good team player spirit.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and willing to learn and accept new responsibilities.